Friday, January 11, 2013

Welcome and what is this all about.

Hi, my name is Richard Christie.I am an amateur cheese maker. I have also gotten into charcuterie - the art of salting and curing meat. The purpose of this blog is to document my efforts in both cheese making and curing meats. I will be sharing what I am doing and posting pictures. I hope others will learn from my experiences and that they will share their own experiences so that we can all learn together. Over the next few blogs I will be making a soft "quark" style cheese and starting to make prosciutto from a ham that I have. I am no expert, but I hope that we can all learn and grow. Some of the skills practiced here, are the beginning steps of self-sufficiency. Think of the opening chapter of Laura Ingalls Wilder's book House in the Big Woods. So, let's get down to making cheese and preserving meat!

1 comment:

  1. Richard, you're off to a great start. I look forward to reading more about your experiments with meat and cheese.

    ReplyDelete